Thursday, September 29, 2011

Sweaty Guy at the gym

I woke up today hating, out of nowhere, the Sweaty Guy at the fitness center.

He is a skeleton, with skin stretched over the bony framework. He exercises in just one manner - the forward bending bicycle. Every single time. For a long long time. Till he starts sweating. Copiously. His clothes are drenched, the bicycle is drenched, the floor underneath the bicycle is drenched. He does not carry a towel and he wears thin gym clothes. The fitness center is small and the bicycle is located right in the center. You cannot avoid looking at that repulsive sight. True to Murphy's law, he is there whenever I go to the center, be it 6 pm or 10.

I do admire the focus, stamina and single mindedness of the person.

But that does not help in getting rid of the nauseating disgust. Some people look heroic, inspirational even attractive (especially girls and women) when they sweat. Not this guy. He makes me not want to go to the gym.

I am just thankful he wipes the bicycle after he is done. I have never used that bicycle.

I must find a different time to exercise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are very welcome and I look forward to them eagerly. Just be mindful of being civil. This is a good book about the same in case you are interested:
Choosing Civility: The Twenty-five Rules of Considerate Conduct - P.M.Forni