Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Day 8 of creating a meditation habit

There's no stopping the mind from jumping around everywhere. The connections between consecutive thoughts are tenuous, and mostly weird. They sound like the loose ideas of a disorganized schizophrenic or someone having a manic episode. Seriously, if I somehow managed to speak out all the thoughts verbatim at the speed at which these pass through my mind, I could easily get that diagnosis.

This is the probably the longest continuous streak of meditation for me. The 'One habit at a time, only five minutes are first' rule is working. After 7 days, I have increased the duration to 10 minutes today.

Luckily, I've as yet avoided the feeling while I'm meditating that I could be doing something better with my time. The 5 -10 minutes of slow breathing aren't really difficult. Perhaps it's the power of suggestion, but I'm noticing some benefits from this with work too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are very welcome and I look forward to them eagerly. Just be mindful of being civil. This is a good book about the same in case you are interested:
Choosing Civility: The Twenty-five Rules of Considerate Conduct - P.M.Forni