Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Meditation habit - check

The 30 days for creating a meditation habit were over some time ago. I skipped meditating 7 of the 30 days. But always got back on track. Even after the 30 days are over, I've kept up the practice everyday.

Two lessons:

Something which seemed nearly impossible and vaguely effective after feeble attempts for more than a year, is now a concrete habit. In just 30 days.

Secondly, I'm learning to accept imperfection. There's hardly anything perfect or superbly technical about the way I meditate. Also, as I mentioned I skipped 7 of those days. So in effect, this was done in 23 days.

(Incidentally Cal Newport has a blog post today on perfectionism.)

But it has worked and served me well. I can now meditate for 14-15 minutes at a time. Without falling asleep or getting the urge to go to the laptop or eat something. I now actually look forward to it.

Next habit - waking up early.

3 comments:

  1. I just don't think I could do meditate. Even back in school, we had an hour long weekly Yoga class, where the most difficult part was sitting quietly, medidating. :P

    Waking up is a habit, I would like to develop. Soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Logically, that should be the easiest part :) To do nothing and just watch the thoughts go by. But I know it isn't. I will urge you to give it a try though if you are interested.

      Didn't blog about it but I used a similar method for waking up early.

      Thanks for taking the time to comment.

      Delete
  2. Definitely a great post. Hats off to you! The information that you have provided is very helpful. Video Bokep Japan Lagi Ngentot Gadis Sexy

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are very welcome and I look forward to them eagerly. Just be mindful of being civil. This is a good book about the same in case you are interested:
Choosing Civility: The Twenty-five Rules of Considerate Conduct - P.M.Forni