Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Things I think I'll miss if/when I'm no longer single

1) Playing whatever songs I want to while going to sleep.
2) Staying awake however and whenever I want to.
3) Setting the thermostat to something comfortable for me.
4) Vacuuming at 1 am or baking at 3 am. Because I fucking want to.
5) Traveling or moving to a new place because I like it there.
6) Stealing glances at  and striking up conversations with random women.
7) Wearing whatever clothes I like or going King Kong at home.
8) Avoiding social get-togethers or attending them based on what I feel like.
9) Going on long-runs and not worrying about getting back home on time.
10) Not being answerable to anyone.
11) Not having to wait to use the bathroom.
12) Saving money by not buying useless stuff and getting to choose when to splurge.
13) Getting to choose how to spend my time without worrying about disappointing someone.
14) Not having to negotiate to reach an agreement over everyday things


2 comments:

  1. Hahaha! Loved #1, 5, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 and 14! I will miss these things so much!
    (I wonder what the world is gonna be like if even more people start thinking this way...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Thanks for reading Thayse.

      I think many young people think this way, especially in the West. And it probably has contributed to numbers like these:

      http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2011/12/marriage-rate-falls-to-record-low-in-u-s-pew-says/

      Delete

Your thoughts are very welcome and I look forward to them eagerly. Just be mindful of being civil. This is a good book about the same in case you are interested:
Choosing Civility: The Twenty-five Rules of Considerate Conduct - P.M.Forni